Thread: Whats the difference between GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L and GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L?

Whats the difference between GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L and GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L?

Hello friends, I need some help in selecting a proper motherboard for the computer which I am building. The two motherboards which I am considering is GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L and GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L but I dont know which is better therefore if any of you knows Whats the difference between GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L and GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L then please suggest which is an better option. Any suggestions about the issue are welcome.

Re: Whats the difference between GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L and GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L?

You can find the exact comparison for both the motherboards on the official website of Gigabyte. On the website you can find all the features of both the motherboards and can also find which hardware is supported by both the motherboards. Referring the official website for technical specifications would be much more informative.

Re: Whats the difference between GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L and GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L?

The basic difference between the GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L and GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L is that GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L has a newer version of BIOS which helps more in overclocking the processor and RAM easily. So if you are going to overclock the processor and RAM on the computer then I would suggest that you buy GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L which will make the task easier.

The major difference between the two motherboard is that Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L supports DDR3 RAM module while Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L supports DDR2 RAM. Hence Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L is more advanced than the later. The performance of the MT variant of the motherboard would be much better than the later as the memory supported by it works at much higher speed. Therefore buying Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L motherboard will be a smarter choice as the performance of the computer will improve with it.

You have mentioned that it supports only DDR3 Ram modules so does that mean it will only support DDR3 memory module? Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L will not support DDR2 memory module? If the motherboard is only supporting the DDR3 memory module so does that mean the performance of the motherboard will be faster as compared to the other motherboards? Please suggest.

Yes the GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L only supports DDR3 memory modules and will not support DDR2 memory modules. The notch on the DDR2 memory module and DDR3 memory module are located on different location and hence the motherboard can support only DDR3 memory module. Using a faster memory module will definitely improve the performance of the computer.