Thread: Flash Phoenix BIOS

Flash Phoenix BIOS

Hello there, I want to overclock my computer and need your help in doing it correctly. The motherboard of the computer is Acer 7672CR which has a Phoenix BIOS installed. The current BIOS which is present on the motherboard does not support overclocking and hence I want to upgrade the BIOS on the system. So if anybody knows how to Flash Phoenix BIOS, then please share some information. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Flash Phoenix BIOS

While updating the BIOS on the motherboard, you should be really very careful. If the BIOS on the motherboard is not updated properly, it will lead to rendering the motherboard useless. Hence before starting the update procedure on the motherboard, check if the motherboard supports the BIOS update or not. If the BIOS update is not supported, then the update should be avoided as it may lead to total system failure.

The motherboard which you are using is from a Pre-built system. For the pre-built systems the architecture and the layout of the motherboard is different from the stock motherboard and hence the BIOS for the motherboard is also specially made. Therefore there are very slim chances that you will be able to update the BIOS of the system. Contacting the customer support center of Acer might help.

Does this mean that I will not be able to update the BIOS of the motherboard? If I contact the Acer customer support will they update the BIOS of the motherboard? Is there any other means by which I can overclock the system apart from updating the BIOS of the computer. Please suggest some alternative solution if there are any. Thanks in advance.

No there is no alternate solution for overclocking other than updating BIOS of the computer. For overclocking different devices such as CPU, RAM and graphic card, you have to change some voltage levels and operating frequency of the device which can only be done from the BIOS of the system.

You can get the updated BIOS for the motherboard from the official website of the Acer. Go to the Support and Download section and search for the available BIOS update which are supported by the model of the motherboard which you are using. Download the updated BIOS and install it on the motherboard from the command prompt.