Thread: Asus m4a79xtd evo bios update?

Asus m4a79xtd evo bios update?

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is having an Asus m4a79xtd evo motherboard installed on it. The current bios version which is installed on the motherboard is 605 update and the latest version of BIOS update which is available online is 705. So I was thinking of updating the BIOS on the motherboard of the system. I want to know if it is a good idea or a bad idea and what can be the possible advantages of BIOS update. So please share your views about Asus m4a79xtd evo bios update and help me in deciding.

Re: Asus m4a79xtd evo bios update?

The BIOS of the computer should be only updated if the system is not working properly or if the any of the hardware is not getting detected by the system. If the system is working absolutely fine then there is no need to update the BIOS on the computer as it may lead to system failure if not carried out properly. Hence I would suggest not to update the BIOS if not required.

Updating the BIOS on the motherboard of the computer will improve the overall performance of the computer. Hence if you want to improve the performance of the computer then update the bios of the motherboard. To update the BIOs on the motherboard, download the updated BIOS on the computer and then flash it from the command prompt. Let the procedure complete and see if the performance of the computer improves.

I updated the BIOS on the motherboard from the 506 update to 705 update and the computer is working properly. Before updating the BIOS on the motherboard, first check if the motherboard which you are using is supporting the BIOS update or not. If the BIOS update is not supported by the motherboard then installing the BIOS update will create problem. Hence update the BIOS only if the update is supported by the motherboard.

The update 705 is supported by the Asus Evo motherboard which I am using and hence I downloaded the update on the computer but I dont know the exact procedure for updating the BIOS on the system. Therefore if anybody of you can guide me step by step in updating the BIOS on the computer, it would be really helpful.

Do not run the BIOS update file from Windows environment as sometimes the System crashes while updating the BIOS on the computer. If such a situation occurs then the BIOS will not be updated properly which will make the motherboard useless. Hence the update procedure must be carried out from the command prompt.

I think updating BIOS from the Windows environment is an good option. Updating the BIOS on the system from the Windows environment is an easy task. You can download the BIOS update file on the computer and copy it to a USB drive. Download and install the Asus EZflash utility and run it on the computer. Give the location of the BIOS update file and let the procedure complete.