Thread: Asus striker 2 formula bios died

Asus striker 2 formula bios died

Please help me in solving this issue. I tried flashing the BIOS of the motherboard which failed and now the system is not starting. The motherboard which I am using is Asus Striker 2 formula. Few days back, I tried updating the BIOS on the motherboard of the computer which quit as the system freezed in between but now the system does not start up. Is there any way in which the motherboard can be bought to working state? Please help.

Re: Asus striker 2 formula bios died

I am afraid that there is no way in which the motherboard could be brought back to working state. The working of the motherboard is dependent on the BIOS which is installed on it. If the BIOS gets corrupt the motherboard becomes useless as it will not be able to detect any hardware which is connected to the motherboard. You will have to get the whole motherboard replaced to solve the problem.

Does the computer gives error such as any hardware of the computer is missing? If yes then it would be really easy to solve the problem. All the ASUS motherboards have a crash free BIOS. In crash free BIOS, some part of the BIOS chip cannot be written which is to prevent the motherboard from getting stock. First find out the manufacturer of the BIOS to get the appropriate BIOS recovery tool from the Internet.

Yes the computer gives an error saying "Floppy Drive not detected, Press F1 to continue". I found out the manufacturer of the BIOS chip of the motherboard, it is an Award BIOS. From where can I get the BIOS recovery tool for the motherboard which I am using. Will using the BIOS recovery tool help in restoring the previous installed BIOS on the motherboard? Please help.

The BIOS recovery tool is also available on the original support CD which is available with the motherboard. To use the BIOS recovery tool, you will have to insert the Support CD for ASUS in the CD drive and then boot the system. The recovery tool will be automatically executed from the CD which will recover the BIOS on the motherboard. Do not touch the computer while the BIOS is been recovered as it may lead to crashing of BIOS again.

As suggested I inserted the support disk which is provided with the ASUS board but the recovery tool did not get executed from the disk. There was no progress after inserting the support CD in the drive. Is there any alternative way to repair the BIOS of the system? If there is any other way then please suggest exact steps for restoring the BIOS on the system. Please help.

As you have mentioned that the ASUS recovery tool is not working properly on the system and hence I would suggest that you make a bootable floppy. There is an application available known as AFudos which helps in creating an bootable floppy. Create a bootable floppy using AFudos and then add the BIOS update file on the floppy. Run Afudos from DOS and see if the BIOS update procedure starts or not.