Thread: Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control utility

Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control utility

Hi everyone, I am recently purchased Dell laptop which is running on windows 7 operating system. There is an option which is known as Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control utility. I want know to what are the features of this utility. I want some additional information about this. Can someone please help me to get detailed information about it? Thanks

Re: Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control utility

That fan utility is nothing but a I8kfanGUI software that can be used to change the thermal management of your Dell notebook. Also note that this program doesnt come with Dell machines and neither it is supported by Dell, so if any damages are done to your dell computer by using this program then it is not covered by your systems warranty or nor by the developer of this software. You should note that you are using this program at your own risk.

Re: Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control utility

Yes this I8kfanGUI application is used to display the temperature of each core on multi-core systems with DTS capability. It is also compatible with the Windows 64 bit operating system. It has some good features with new CPU load detection algorithm for compatibility with new Windows OS releases. When you are opening the about box then the possible access violation is also fixed along with the hd access solved. The CPU detection is also updated with the latest version of the software.

There is also another safe tool called SpeedFan which works great on any machines. SpeedFan has a convenient feature that allows you to choose the fan speed. By combining both functions, it allows you to find the best noise ratio/heat, thus avoiding the unpleasant noises coming from your machine because the fans are incorrectly set. Moreover, this feature reduces the power consumption of the computer. Finally, the software includes an additional function that automatically manages the fan speed according to the heat/noise ratio. It then moves to the background and reduces the fan speed if the CPU load decreases and vice versa if it rises.