Thread: Use of Laptop w/o battery on UPS?

Use of Laptop w/o battery on UPS?

Hello friends,
    I have recently bought a cool new Dell Inspiron laptop which has windows xp. I am looking for cheapest UPS for my laptop. I want to use my laptop on UPS without a battery. It means I want to remove battery of laptop and then want to use laptop on UPS. Is it possible to use Laptop w/o battery on UPS? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Use of Laptop w/o battery on UPS?

Yes, that works well. Most of the people use this process to charge their laptop on UPS by removing laptop's battery. I am also using this process from the last 8 years and it is working fine with me. My laptop's battery is always removed. I am doing this from the last 8 years and I never had any problem with. Just use branded UPS to do this.

You have to use APC Back-UPS ES, 6 outlet 350VA, 120V, without auto shutdown software to do this. I am also using this and it is working fine with me. It has following features.

Battery failure notification: Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance
    Battery-protected and surge-only outlets:Reserves power capacity and run time for connected equipment that require battery back-up while providing surge only protection for less critical equipment
    Cold-start capable: Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
    Hot-swappable batteries:Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced

Hey there is nothing wrong to use your laptop as Desktop Replacement laptop. But there is one problem in it. If accidentally power goes off or electricity goes, then there is chances of loose all your data. In this case charge your laptop's battery full to use it in such type of emergency. Full charge your laptop's battery after 2-3 days.

Hey there is no problem to run your laptop with AC power and having the battery out. It will not affect your laptop any more. I am using this trick from long time without any problem. If you are never going to use your laptop's battery and always want to run your laptop on the AC power, then keep your laptop's battery at cool place.

You have to use Tripp Lite Internet Office 300 UPS System for your laptop. Tripp Lite's INTERNETOFFICE300 UPS System provides complete power protection for your entire computer set-up. 300 VA power capacity maintains your Internet connection allowing you to work online through short blackouts or safely shut down during longer ones. Unique design features 6 outlets (3 UPS & surge + 3 surge-only outlets) and diagnostic LEDs. Built-in RJ45 jacks prevent surges from damaging your modem/fax/10BT equipment. A 6-ft. telephone cord is also included.

As per knowledge running your laptop without battery installed should be safer. This is because battery acts as a UPS. In this case just use branded UPS like IBM UPS 500 6 Out. The new generation of IBM UPS 500 6 Out offers backup of the battery and assists you in protecting your computer from damage that occurs due to brownouts, blackouts, lightings and surges. IBM UPS 500 6 Out presents ā€œ3Dā€ Protection from data loss, system downtime and damage to the computer system.