Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Asus Boot Device Selection Menu

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 05-05-2010

Asus Boot Device Selection Menu

When my computer unable to restart whilst still in BIOS, and then I restart, the ASUS BIOS throws a message up a selection menu through that I can manually get the component I wish to boot. This, shows, to dominate or bounce any settings it may contain in the BIOS Boot Setup Menu. Is there any key by which I press at the time of boot, which will compel this selection menu to pop up and there is no previously failed OS boot?

Old 05-05-2010

Re: Asus Boot Device Selection Menu

When you are in the bios then do not hit the reset button. Only you have to save your modifications in the bios screen, and then press ok button, and this will start through the component that you have chosen. And after that you have to restart, the ASUS BIOS pops up a selection.
Old 05-05-2010

I am familiar through how to create PERMANENT modification in the BIOS setup. And I am, in its place, seeing on how to select the Boot Device Selection menu to come up, that pertains to only THIS one boot, and there is no having a previous boot failure. But, I am very thankful for taking the time to reply!
Old 05-05-2010

It is not F8 key for the Windows operating system Boot Menu. I signify which menu that supports you to choose a general Windows boot in a Safe Mode Windows boot, etc. And I am seeing for the botton which triggers the BIOS menu. Try this I think this helpful for you.
Old 06-05-2010

Hi there, F8 button is for the boot to the menu on several motherboards too (it is on the A8N-SLI Deluxe). If you have put switch off the Asus logo display then it have to display to you that what to press or hit button. I think this will help you to solve your query, so please do whatever I stated.
Old 07-05-2010

Hi there. I am using Asus A7V on that, pressing the Escape key once, during the computer was booting, display a menu of boot components. Which were extremely easy for an odd, once in a whereas boot off the cd, in its place of departing all the way from the BIOS setup menu. And through an Asus K8N, now I am fails to do the same. May because A7V had an Award bios and K8N has AMI?
Old 08-05-2010

If you cannot able to go in boot menu in your asus motherboard by pressing F8 key on the key board. There is one more option to go in the boot menu because the some mother board which is cannot support F8 key to display boot menu then you have to press Del key on the key board which your windows booting. Do the following to display boot menu.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , ,