Thread: WinXP Stop 8086

WinXP Stop 8086

I have recently installed the windows XP pro from my Dell CD and I am getting Windows Stop 8086 after doing a critical XP update. First I have though that this may be a problem because of corrupted files. So I have again reinstall it on my system but I am getting the same result after doing the update. As far as I know KB886903, a security patch for .NET w/SP1.But I am unable to find it on Microsoft site.

Any idea about this WinXP Stop 8086 error.

Re: WinXP Stop 8086

You are saying that the problem started after you have install the window updates. When you have installed the updates does update include the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) tray tool wgatray.exe or not.
    Just check for that this location
    Windows\System32\
    If have it there or not.

I want to ask one thing that is WGA software has the right to see anything on my computer system or it can only access the windows files only. If it can see anything on my computer system then I need to uninstall it but unable to do because I can not see it in my Add/Remove programs. I tried to search for it on the \WINDOWS folder but nothing was present there. I think I have to reinstall the windows again for removing it from my system.

Well you do not need to reinstall operating system you can try to restore the system if you have not disable the system restore. Because if you have disable the system restore then _restore directory will not be accessible and you will continue to face this problem.
    One more thing if you have disable the system restore then you also looses all the restore points which you have made or which made by the system.

Recently my computer system is giving me a blue screen errors on every day bases, I have no idea why this is happening. First I have though that my RAID causing this problem. But all the data integrity results are positive. I mean every thing seems to be fine.
    I have also set the Vista to not auto restart so I can see what the BSOD errors are, and keeps displaying error code : STOP 0x00008086.

I am also facing a similar problem. I am trying to run checkdisk on my volume currently.
    I have tried the following things to solve this problem.
    I have set everything back to the stock. Because I thought that overclock may have become unstable.
    2. For checking the integrity errors I have also run the Intel Matrix software.
    3. Now I am running chkdsk /r

Any ideas?

As far as I know RAID will definitely not work on 8086 XT computer.

Seriously, this problem normally occurs with Intel and nVida southbridge chipsets.
    I will suggest you to change the BIOS setting for onboard SATA/IDE from AHCI to IDE, I am sure that this will solve your problem I am saying this because I was also facing this problem.