Thread: SOYO SY-KT400 Win XP Pro system keeps rebooting

SOYO SY-KT400 Win XP Pro system keeps rebooting

I am facing a weird problem witht the desktop computer which I am using. The desktop computer has Windows XP PRO installed on it and has a SOYO SY-KT400 motherboard installed on it. The problem which I am facing is the computer reboots randomly and gives an error saying "Windows has recovered from a Critical error". I cant understand what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving this issue. So if anybody knows why my SOYO SY-KT400 Win XP Pro system keeps rebooting then please share some information about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: SOYO SY-KT400 Win XP Pro system keeps rebooting

I think the problem which you are facing is due to the operating system which is installed on the computer. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system of the computer. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system of the computer is corrupt or missing on the system then the operating system will give such problems. Insert the installation disk of the operating system which you are using and boot the system from the installation disk. Select the repair windows installation and let the procedure complete. After completion of the process, see if the system is working properly or not.

If the memory of system gets depleted then it results in the computer restarting. Every process which is running on the computer takes up some CPU and memory location. If lot of processes are running on the computer at the same time, then it will lead to memory getting depleted which will finally result in system restarting. To prevent such problem, you can upgrade the system memory capacity of the computer and then see if the system is restarting or not.

Have you scanned the system with an antivirus? By looking at the problem it looks like the system is infected with a virus which is creating such problems in working of the computer. Virus's mostly infects all the files which are related to the operating system of the computer. If such a situation occurs then the system will not work properly. Scan the system with an updated antivirus and check all the files which are infected. Quarantine or repair the files which are infected and see if the system is working properly or not.

I suspect that the problem is due to overheating of the internal components. Heat is generated when any process on the computer is executed. If the heat generated crosses the threshold temperature, then the system will restart to prevent any damage to internal component. Hence check if all the fans which are used for cooling are working properly or not. If the computer is covered with dust, then clean it as dust can block the Airflow in the system.

All the functions which are performed by the computer are controlled by the motherboard of the computer. If the motherboard of the computer is faulty and not working properly then the system will not work properly. Hence get the motherboard of the computer checked and if the motherboard is faulty then get it replaced. After replacing the motherboard you will not face the same problem.

The responsibility of providing correct voltage level to all the devices which are connected to the motherboard is on Power supply unit of the computer. If the power supply unit is faulty then the system will not work properly. Therefore get the power supply unit checked and if found faulty then get it replaced. After replacing SMPS, check if the computer works properly.