Thread: Asus Boot menu for A7N8x

Asus Boot menu for A7N8x

Hello people, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. I have multiple hard drives attached to the computer. The motherboard which I am using is Asus A7N8x. I want to know if there is any Asus Boot menu for A7N8x which will enable me to select the booting media without changing the settings of BIOS. Any information about this topic is more than welcome.

Re: Asus Boot menu for A7N8x

The feature which you are looking for is not available on all the motherboards which are available now a days. I had a Asus motherboard which did not have the same feature which created lot of problem while booting the computer from multiple drives as I had to change the booting order from the motherboard. I finally got a Soyo motherboard which had the quick boot menu which helped a lot.

To know if the feature is there in the motherboard or not, you will have to refer the user manual of the motherboard. User manual of the motherboard contains all the features which are provided by the series of the motherboard which is being used. Refer it and see if the quick boot menu feature is provided by the motherboard or not. If the feature is not provided then you will have to get a new motherboard which will have the desired feature.

The quick boot menu option is available on all the latest ASUS boards. The quick boot menu is not available directly but has to be enabled once from the BIOS setup. To enable the quick boot menu, press "Delete" while booting of the computer to enter into the BIOS setup. Enable the quick boot menu and save the settings. After rebooting check if the quick boot menu is enabled or not.

Yes after referring the user manual provided with the motherboard, I found out that the quick boot menu is supported by the motherboard. I enabled the quick boot menu from the BIOS setup and now I am able to boot from any bootable media on the Go. But now the problem which I am facing is that the system has become slow and sluggish. All the applications take long time to open. Is this because of the quick boot menu? Please help.

Performance of the system depends on many factors. The quick boot menu has nothing to do with the slow performance of the computer. There must be more number of processors running on the computer which is creating such problem. If there are lot of processes running on the computer simulteneously then the CPU will take some time to execute the processes. Open the task manager and check for all the processes which are running. Terminate all the unwanted processes. Check the performance of the computer after terminating all the processes which are unwanted.

Check the system for some virus as there is high possibility that the system is infected with some virus. Some virus create duplicate processes and take up all the memory. If such a situation occurs then the performance of the system will degrade. Scan and check all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing all the infected files e performance of the computer.