Thread: Nvcpl or Nvdaemon necessary in Nvidia?

Nvcpl or Nvdaemon necessary in Nvidia?

NvCpl is loaded as a startup item. This is used to loads the Nvidia Control Panel and from there you can your settings and if you want you can overclock your card. This is a little information I have I know but the thing is that the NVCPL is loaded for every new boot in spite it is removed from the RUN section of the registry. In prior versions like 45.23 it can be permanently truncated. Does anybody have idea how to truncate it or from where it is loading? Or in simple words is it necessary Nvcpl or Nvdaemon in Nvidia.

Re: Nvcpl or Nvdaemon necessary in Nvidia?

As you know, that NVCPL is a control panel for display property. It also loads the systray icon (NView and settings). The daemon is connected to the driver helper service that is what I can tell, but I will not suggest you to disable it if you are doing overclocking or using any settings that take effect on startup - I think of these thing because if don’t it can crash your system. So be careful while performing such activites.

There is also a "bootstrap" of sorts in there to for communicating with the mobo or memory combo chipset driver for the thing like AGP rate. According to that is where a number of tweaking is going on nowadays and it is possible where you have to find the infinite loops and bsod's were fixed. I hope this will help you for your problem.

It is clear the CPL is the acronym for Configuration Screen Applet and no doubt it is useful and if it is not loaded then you will not have any control and you can switch off nvdaemon, but it need to be done in setting of drivers. The new driver seem to different from others and indeed they have more functionality. The only thing is bad about it that they consume more memory space but I think it is the price of progress.

The CPL is directly connected with the icon that you can see in your configuration screen, it opens the Driver Settings. All those icons that are present in the CPL files in your
    c:\windows\system32\
    or

c:\windows\ map.
    the nvdeamon possibly is linked to a lot of functions that and shutting it off will cause some function to behave in a abrupt manner. But you can shut it down if you want for that reason that you have old card such as GF 256 or an GF 2 then you can use 30.82

I appreciate the explanation you have given. Currently I am running a classic GF3 and I use it most of the time in two dimensional games and do not use it in three dimensional games. But I am using the CAD software for my work. . The 52.16 driver seems to be fast overall. I am not having any stability issues it seems to be fast overall or do not have any stability issue with the any of the driver.

Currently I am running the system and I have deleted the NVDAEMON deleted out of the registry and I am not having problem running NVCPL. Normally I use the standby hence it is infrequent that I have deleted the drivers from the registry. I think I should go from 512 PC2100 up to 1024. That will be better for me I have done this because I have the basic knowledge of overclocking but if you do not have then do not try it.