Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R very slow to the BIOS screen

GA-X58A-UD3R very slow to the BIOS screen

One of the friend of mine and I both bought a new GA-X58A-UD3R motherboards and are suffering with the same issue, very long times to get to the BIOS screen over 25 seconds. Once the BIOS screen is looked the remainder of the start up until Windows 7x64 bit is up and execution is decent.

He has a ATI 5850 video and I have a 5770. I made some experiment quite a bit since my previous Q6600 on windows 7 64-bit on an ABIT IP35 Pro is close to twice as frequent booting just seconds to get to the BIOS screen and approximately 40 seconds total from button press until a usable Windows 7. It looking irritating for me that this latest system is so much slower during booting process. I have overclocked it to about 3.6 GHz. We both are working with Corsair H50 water coolers but I have suffering the same long boot times to the BIOS screen with no overclocking.

There are so may users having the same issue , I have a UD7 having a SSD as my booting drive and I still find getting to the BIOS screen takes the longest and in such case I am not sure why though. I have not tried disabling things like firewire, esata etc.. Just thought id comment, but will be interesting to find what others are making focus to this .

Hello guys,

There is something that I forgot to mention that but I need to discuss that also. I failed to specify in my first post that we had both flashed the BIOS to F5 - the newest on the Gigabyte site but have not tried F6b posted here. And thank you very much those guys who looked and considered on my problem...

Thank again ,

Sid..

I failed to specify in my first post that we had both flashed the BIOS to F5 - the newest on the Gigabyte site but have not tried F6b posted here
    You need to care about some little chnages in the BIOS that can solve your issues and I am sure it can be done and did the same if you haven't done yet. You need to set up first boot device in the BIOS settings and should be configured as your OS hdd then the system would detect only hard disk to boot??? and one thing more, just try to make disable floppy drives from BIOS, it can also be the reason for such issue.

Yeah, I originally had the first boot device configured with the CD/DVD, but I have since changed it to the first hard drive, the VelociRaptor and it did not make a difference during booting process. And yeah, I also made disable the floppy detection by the system. I was just now searching to get if you could disable the old IDE connector since I have all SATA drives and the DVD is also included into that .