Thread: Identifying Missing PCI Device Driver

Identifying Missing PCI Device Driver

Hello everybody here is my problem. I reformatted my computer recently and I miss a driver on the PCI Device. I was having problem of Virus so I formatted by system. Now I just format a computer and I thought I'd get the drivers installed before you reinstall Windows XP. Unfortunately the Ethernet controller displays a bullet? yellow and the same thing for sound. I tried to find info on the net with much different results, but ineffective. So please provide some information about an identifying Missing PCI Device Driver. Help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: Identifying Missing PCI Device Driver

I also have problems of PCI device and I have no sound on my computer since I formatted. I managed to install all other drivers through the drivers on the Dell site but the one on the sound card does not work because it is not detected. I always have a yellow question mark and sound system "beep" from the computer. Could you tell me what is the exact driver to download for this problem and how do I install it, if I disable the sound in the bios then install..?? I am using the Dell XPS M1210. Help me too.!!!
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness.Henry David Thoreau

I would like to suggest you to install the application from the http://driversupdate.org/pci-device-drivers.htm. Normally the error that you are getting because Windows cannot recognize the video display or the chipset. For that you would have to install the latest driver which you will get on this side. This can happen if the device’s drivers become corrupt or have been deleted. Solving this problem involves reinstalling the chipset or graphics display drivers to see if that works.

Once you download the updated driver for the PCI Device, then follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. Go into control panel
    2. Then click on system followed by the hardware.
    3. After that click on Device Manager.
    4. Over there on the right side if there is no point "?" or "!" yellow, then right-click and update drivers.
    5. A wizard will open and choose the option "choose a location ..."
    6. Lastly specify the location of the download.

To remedy this, simply reinstall the drivers for the audio device. If you do not know the exact model of your sound card, simply use the software Everest. If no sound card is recognized, check :
    • That sound card is fully inserted
    • If it is onboard sound, it is enabled in the BIOS

You have to reinstall your machine? You have installed the drivers on the CD of your motherboard.?? If you made a screenshot of your device manager and if you explained exactly your problem?? You can install the latest drivers of the motherboard that you are using. First try to uninstall the existing driver and then install. If that is not working then you will have to format your machine once again and then you can install the latest driver. What are the exact elements that make up your configuration? With our free service, you can simply and easily detect and download all your Windows drivers.