Thread: New i7 860 is poor cpu performance

New i7 860 is poor cpu performance

Hi all,

Core i7-920 and Core i7-860 although the models look very similar, but in fact a lot of size difference: the former code-named Bloomfield, LGA1366 interface, clocked at 2.66GHz, support the three-channel DDR3Memory, Thermal design power 130W; the latter code Lynnfield, LGA1156 interface, clocked at 2.80GHz, dual-channel DDR3 memory support, thermal design power of 95W. But i heard that New i7 860 is poor cpu performance. Please suggest.

Re: New i7 860 is poor cpu performance

Of course the two have many things in common, such as Nehalem architecture is based on four core eight threads, 8MB 3 cache, support for Turbo Boost acceleration technology, the most interesting is that both the official price is 284 U.S. dollars, comparable to more of the. I get this two processors at the same time joined the Core i7-940 2.93GHz, Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.00GHz to do comparison. And Core i7-860 platform configuration with a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD6Motherboard, DATA XPG + 4GB DDR3-2200 memory, Radeon HD 4870 X2Graphics, Windows Vista SP1 64-bit operating system. All the best.

The new Intel Core i7 processor, the intelligent use of the faster multi-core technology, the application needs to provide for the most powerful processing capabilities to bring you amazing breakthrough computing performance. They are the world's most powerful desktop processors. Enhance the multi-task processing speed, access to incredible digital media experience. With Intel Core frequency acceleration technology and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel ® HT Technology), was the most powerful processing capabilities and experience every aspect of the ultimate performance. So i think it is the bets processor. All the best.

The new level of multi-core performance experiences in i7 860. Intel Core ™ i7 processors to bring you unimaginable breakthrough quad-core performance, using a lot of the latest processor technology. Intel Core frequency of application acceleration technologies maximize the processing speed of complex, dynamic speed function for your application needs to provide the most suitable for processing power. Intel Hyper-Threading technology, to support the application of highly threaded, parallel to handle more tasks. For the operating system up to 8 threads, multi-tasking easy. Intel ® Smart Cache, providing higher performance and more efficient cache subsystem. Has for the industry's leading multi-threaded game is optimized. Check and reply.

Core i7-870, the default frequency of 2.93GHz, a single-core speed up to a maximum frequency of 3.6GHz, quad-core design, support Hyper-Threading Technology, Virtualization Technology, up to eight threads simultaneously using complex applications. 3 with 8MB shared cache design, the maximum thermal design power of only 95 watts, has reached the server-level CPU performance, isNewCore's flagship product type. Check and reply.

New i7 860 benefit from more variety of techniques, in similar frequency and lower prices, Lynnfield products will be faster and lower power consumption, ideal for mainstream home users, large and medium commercial enterprises and Internet cafes. New technology brings new Core i7 processors and i5, is Intel's high-performance computing platform into the mainstream a milestone in the product, and will open a new chapter in the history of processors. All the best.

I think if you are here to discuss about the performance stuff than you might need to post this thread in reviews section.
    here this part is for problems as per guidelines
    ASUS M4A78EM/1394| AMD 720 X3| ADATA 2GB| PSU 450WATT| WIN XP| ASUS 3D* LED 23"| HDD 160GB + 320GB