Thread: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Do I need Bios Update

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Do I need Bios Update

Hi,
    I had purchased a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO in second hand. I had checked the motherboard it works fine. But it takes some times to detect my hard drive. I had attached two hard drives to the motherboard. After moving the connection the hard drive appears after a long time. Here does I need to flash my bios. Does there is a need of updating BIOS. If yes then how to do that.

Re: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Do I need Bios Update

The updated bios of a motherboard can be use to correct some bugs or provide new features, like support for a new processor family in particular. Updating BIOS is a delicate procedure that may damage the motherboard. Unknown to most users, the BIOS of the motherboard runs on firmware governing hardware like chipset, audio, network, chipset, memory, disk drive control, etc. With the operating system. Without the BIOS, the PC could also not start. So there is not really need don't perform a bios update.

And according to the needs of the user, updating the bios may be necessary, even if only to provide compatibility with a new family of processor socket using the same format, new features or simply to correct incompatibility problems associated with hardware you use, such as memory. The memory modules can be upscale show recalcitrant following models of motherboards.

However, the fact of updating the bios has serious risks that, in the worst cases, render your motherboard inoperable. And at the same time causing an obligatory passage to the VAS manufacturer. Therefore, we propose to discover more about what this delicate operation to update the bios of a motherboard: the risks, methods and tools to update the bios, as well possible remedies in case of update failed.

To update you will need to create a startup disk. First check the version of BIOS installed. Then download the new version on the Internet and create the disk update. Once downloaded, follow the instructions to unpack the file (if it is a Zip file) and copy the image program update on disk (because the flash can not s perform in Windows). In our example, the procedure is very simple, since the manufacturer provides a self-executable program that automates the process of creating a flash disk. Simply insert and run the update.

Click on the below link and you will enter the official site of Asus motherboard. The below like will provide you the download page of Asus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard. Downlaod the utility and the run the setup. Don't forget to check the version of your BIOS. Wrong update can damage your motherboard making it unusable. Check your hard drive cables first and try to replace them.
    Asus BIOS Update

Download the bios that's in .ROM format. and then boot from the bios and update it.
    Updating the BIOS is good as it updates the chipset configuration of the system unlocking new features of the MB.

And its true its very delicate process the only thing you need to remember is your power should not be cutt-off in the process.

I suppose if it's crash free it wont damage so only it's said crash free

good luck
    ASUS M4A78EM/1394| AMD 720 X3| ADATA 2GB| PSU 450WATT| WIN XP| ASUS 3D* LED 23"| HDD 160GB + 320GB