Thread: How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Hello there, I have a MSI K8N NEO4 platinum motherboard which is giving some problems with the Nvidia graphic card which I am using. Also I want to overclock the processor of the computer. One of my friend suggested that I get the BIOS of my motherboard upgraded. I referred the user manual and found out that the BIOS which is installed on my motherboard is Award BIOS. Therefore I want to know How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG on my motherboard. Also is there any way in which I can improve the compatibility of my motherboard with the Nvidia graphic card which I am using. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

According to me there is no need for updating the BIOS of the motherboard to improve the compatibility of the motherboard with the graphic card which you are using. The compatibility of the motherboard with the graphic card can be improved by installing the latest drivers for the motherboard which are available. Download the latest drivers which are available for the motherboard from the official website of the manufacturer and install it. Be sure to download the correct version of drivers for the model of the motherboard which you are using as improper driver may lead to driver conflict.

MSI motherboard provide an online BIOS update solution. You can use this facility and get the BIOS on your motherboard updated. To update the BIOS on the motherboard using the MSI Live update, go to the official website of MSI and then click on BIOS Live update. Here you will have to create login ID and password. Provide correct information and login to the website. From the list of the motherboards available, select the model of the motherboard which you are using. The live update will start in few seconds. Do not interrupt the update procedure as it will make the motherboard useless. Let the procedure complete and then reboot the computer.

I will not suggest the MSI live update for updating BIOS on the motherboard as it is too risky due to internet connection unreliability. If the internet connection gets disconnected during the update procedure it will leave the motherboard unusable. I would suggest offline update procedure for the BIOS. Go to the MSI website and then click on Support. Download the BIOS which is latest and supported by the motherboard which you are using. Install the files manually when the download is complete. This according to me is the safest way to update BIOS on the computer.

While updating the BIOS on the motherboard of the computer, command prompt should be used. If you are using Windows environment to update the BIOS of the motherboard, there is a high chance that the system can get hang and restart. If the system restarts while updating the BIOS of then the motherboard of the computer will be unusable and you will have to take the motherboard of the computer to the service center to get the BIOS chip changed. Replacing the BIOS chip will solve the problem of BIOS update.

You should be able to First download the bios update, save it and then run it, this way you shouldn`t have any problems.