Thread: How to reclaim memory after Virtual PC

How to reclaim memory after Virtual PC

Hello friend,

I need your help to sort out my query related to the Virtual PC. I had installed virtual pc on windows 2003 for windows 2000. For that I have allocated 30GB HD space and 1GB RAM. But while uninstallation this Virtual PC I am getting problems and because of that I had to delete the virtual PC folder from the hard disk. But memory is still not released. That means it showing only 2 GB ran rather than 3 GB. Please help me to sort out this problem.

Re: How to reclaim memory after Virtual PC

Hi friend,

I had gone through the same issue related to the virtual PC. At that time my one friend suggested me to format you computer system. As per his suggestion I did the format of system and it solved all my memory issue cause due to the Virtual PC setup. I think it is the ultimate method to sort out the virtual PC problem and you need to do the same.

The storage that you have allocated to the virtual PC is basically used only when it is in use. Virtual PC is proprietary software free emulation and Virtualization. It can emulate a OS on a different hardware architecture than that which it was originally intended. It can also be operated simultaneously with several different operating systems on one physical machine.

It sounds that there might have some problem in virtual PC software that you had used in you system. And which causes this memory issues to you system. There might also have some problem in you systems operating system. I think you need to take help of nearest service center, from there you will definitely get the right help over this problem.

I think the virtual pc software was corrupted, and which cause the error while deallocation of your system memory. There is no guarantee that all software work because they can use non-documented features of certain materials and specific frequencies, or codes of special operations, although overall compatibility can be considered satisfactory.