Thread: How to update BIOS of Gateway P-6831FX

How to update BIOS of Gateway P-6831FX

I am going to buy a second hand Gateway P-6831FX laptop. It is with me for testing right now. I had noticed a slow performance of the laptop which can be resolved by BIOS update. The other problem is that the battery is drained out very fast. Does there is a way to deal with this. And the last thing I need steps to add a blue-tooth device in this laptop.

Re: How to update BIOS of Gateway P-6831FX

You can enter the BIOS of the laptop by pressing F2 key at the startup. If you can see slow performance of your laptop then you can usually update the drivers. But here you have to take card otherwise your board can go dead. It will recommend you first visit the site and find out all relative drivers before formatting or performing any action on the laptop.

If you want to safe a battery life then you can allow dimming of display settings. That is located in the performance tab. I will recommend you to remove PC cards, usb modems and other removable media when you does not use the laptop. Choose a power saver plan so that you can get a maximum power saving from your notebook. Burning disc frequently cause high power usage.

It is possible to calibrate your battery if you computer goes into sleep mode unexpectedly. You can recalibrate your battery so that you can get a nice accuracy out of it. For that just connect your laptop o ac outlet and charge it completely. Then disconnect it and remove the battery. Then keep the battery aside till it is completely drained. Then again recharge it.

Click on the below link to get the latest BIOS update for Gateway P-6831FX laptop. It is a setup file. Run it and follow the onscreen operation. Once done you can see that the laptops performance is improved much. I had performed update last weekend which has removed lots of issues. My optical disc drives is performing much better now and works well.
    Click here to download Gateway P-6831FX BIOS Update

If you are facing issue with Bluetooth device in Vista then here is a solution for you. Open control panel and then click on Bluetooth Device. Then click on Add and follow the Bluetooth Device Wizard. Follow the onscreen instruction. Once your computer detects the same then select the device in My Device. Now click on Next and then reboot your system properly to ensure regular work.