Thread: Latest bios for the M15x-R1

Latest bios for the M15x-R1

Hello to all,
    I am new to this forum. I have Alienware m15x-R1 laptop which is 6 months old. I wan to update my computer's BIOS set up. Can anyone tell me latest bios for the M15x-R1 . Please also tell me from where I can download it.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Latest bios for the M15x-R1

AS per my information A00 with EC 0.92, A00-01 is the latest version for your computer. It is compatible with your BIOS. It has 4 MB File Size. This is a hotfix release for the following symptom: Slow responsive keystrokes and touchpad while on battery. Use following steps to install.
    1. Download the ISO image & burn ISO image to a blank CD: Double click on the file to begin the CD burn process.
    2. Boot to the CD: Right after turning the system on and at the time the Black and White Alienware Logo appears, press F12 to bring up the boot menu and select DVD.
    3. Flash will auto run: Follow the instructions on screen. Press “Y” to flash the EC. EC will be updated to version 0.92. System will shut down when completed.
    4. Process is complete: Press the power button and boot to Windows.

I think A02 is the latest version for your computer's BIOS. Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
    You have to go to official site of M15x to get this.

Hey don't install new updates for your BIOS. This is because lot of people getting problem with this new updates. Most of the people getting POST screen and then nothing happened. As soon as dell does not fix this bugs, do not install nay kind of updates in your computer otherwise you will also get same type of problem.

Hey I also had the some kind of problem and then I upgrade my BIOS, and now I don't have same type of problem. I had download A00 with EC 0.92, A00-01 and install in my computer. You also do this to fix any error if you have.
    This is a hotfix release for the following symptom:
    Slow responsive keystrokes and touchpad while on battery.