Thread: Benefits of NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI on Vista

Benefits of NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI on Vista

Hi,
    For my new system I have two options here. First to get a assembled PC where I have a choice of picking up C2D processor with Intel Board and 4GB RAM. I am going to add a graphic card also for the same. The other option for me is to buy a NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI motherboard which supports only AMB processors. Now the confusion her is that using a Nvidia motherboard instead of regular pc, can I get a better graphic out. What are the benefits of this board on base of Vista OS.

Re: Benefits of NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI on Vista

The nForce 980a is virtually identical to 780a, except that it includes support for Phenom processors II socket AM3 and DDR3 memory, and will manage two gigabyte Ethernet ports. Otherwise, there are no surprises graphics controller integrated GeForce 8300, can have three PCI-Express 16x and therefore the management of triple SLI.

The media processors and communications or MCP NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI motherboards are high-performance richest features for AMD AM3 processors. Platform high-end designed for the enthusiast, the nForce 980a receives the key SLI graphics performance and maximum has been specifically designed to exploit the power GeForce GPU for the game and beyond.

Some specification highlights for the same is nForce 980a SLI has 2 x 16 lines PCI-Express 2.0, 3 x 1 line PCI-Express 1.0, 12 USB 2.0 ports and 6 SATA ports. A Gigabyte Ethernet controller is also integrated. In comparison to your manual update this board is a bit end motherboard. IT is best designed for gaming and meets the needs also. But that will increase your budget considerable.

There are multiple benefits of using a Nvidia motherboard in comparison to other. The first thing they offers you a high bandwidth system architecture. This is thus used to optimize the processing of your CPU and GPU. The networking is much faster on this board. Best suitable for LAN games due to its dedicated networking engine. This frees up your processor and recommended for network HD media streaming.

The best point of nforce motherboards is that they have a additional support called Nvidia MediaShield. This is an advance storage technology which saves your data in case of disk fail and crashes. Other than this you get Nvidia FirstPacket tool which is used to optimize your network traffic so that you can enjoy a smooth gaming and VoIP on LAN networks.