Thread: Replace memory (RAM) on NV52 Notebook Series

Replace memory (RAM) on NV52 Notebook Series

hi
    i am bca student. I am using NV52 Notebook Series with windows vista operating system in my system. Actually i am confused about can i replace the memory from same system if yes then please tell me that how do i replace as well as insert the RAM on my notebook.

Re: Replace memory (RAM) on NV52 Notebook Series

In NV52 Notebook Series system use windows vista operating system in the system. There are use AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor QL-65 processor in the system.the memory size of that system is around Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory. The notebook system also use hard drive with up to 500 GB capacity. It also use Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi for WLAN,Bluetooth for WPAN and Gigabit Ethernet for the LAN communication device in the system. Basically the system use memory as RAM means random access memory for storage of thedata.
    Last edited by PeterAGASSI; 07-03-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Yes ,you can also replace the memory on system. RAM means random access memory which have the two types of the capabilities like read as well as write. Make sure that the random access ,a name which is index type of method so we can also called disk storage as a random access that's why we called it RAM which last word use for the solid state device reference. Make sure that when you shut down the system that time RAM disk will lose the data so volatile memory can retain its data when the computer is shut down if it has a separate power source, usually a battery. RAM called it volatile type of memory storage of data. So when you want to more detail of the RAM system in the memory function then you can also visit to gateway system site for the more details.

In that system Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS. You can easily remove the memory from the system just because of remove the memory bay cover from the system. The system work with 4 GB of the system memory. There are such type of RAM like FeRAM, CBRAM, SONOS, NRAM. Make sure that Gateway does not support or endorse replacement of the memory (RAM). So if you want to replace it from the system then you need to handle it very carefully. Damages resulting from user replacement of hardware is not covered under warranty. Proceed at your own risk.

When you want to replace the RAM (memory)from the NV52 Notebook Series then firstly Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position and remove the battery. After that remove the screw and then memory bay cover. Carefully remove the bay cover then Push the release latches on either side of the memory (RAM) module and then finally remove the memory module out of the memory bay. You can also installing memory by following reverse steps.