Thread: Dual core processor driver update

Dual core processor driver update

What are the ways by which I can update the drivers of a dual core processor. I had found my CPU usage almost high in most of the conditions even if I do noting. Why this happens so in that. The other thing is that I found this on a article that updating this can fix the matter. And the other problem is that I have a ibm thinkpad. It is in old system. How to access the bios of the same.

Re: Dual core processor driver update

A dual core processor is basically or fundamentally two processors that are located on one chip. If you are adding a new dual core processor to a Windows XP system the operating system might necessitate having a driver efficient. You can bring up to date a driver for a dual core processor by first making confident that you have the latest Service Pack for the operating system installed. You can do that from device administrator.

If you are going to update the driver of a dual core processor, you have to hit the Start button and then select the alternatives from the Control Panel. Twice-click the "System" icon and choose the "General" tab. The description of the service pack will be scheduled under System at the top of the Window. Examination or examine the Windows Task Manager to confirm that the operating system is recognizing the dual core processor. And then you have to select CTRL+ALT+DEL on the keyboard to display the Task Manager.

After you had open device manager. Then right click on your processor and then go to properties. Now hit on update. Then choose the alternative for "No, not this time" and hit the "Next" button. Choose the alternative for "Install from a list of particular location (advanced)" and hit the "Next" button. Choose the "Do not search. You can select the driver to install" option and click the "Next" button. Choose the alternative for "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" and hit the "Next" button to update the driver. At last hit the "Finish" button to end the Hardware Update Wizard.

The BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is the primary programs that beginning on your computer. The BIOS carry out a test to guarantee that your hardware and software are running correctly and then loads your computer's operating system. Users might necessitate to have a right of entry to the BIOS on their older IBM ThinkPad laptop in order to arrange the startup order, you can modify the date and time, or change the power-saving alternatives.

To get to the bios first reboot your ibm thinkpad. Then Press "Ctrl"-"Alt"-"Ins" when the cursor appears in the upper right corner of screen. Then press f1 and hold it for a while. Now press "Ctrl"-"ALT"-"F11" when the cursor appears in the upper right corner of the screen if you are still not able to access the bios.