Thread: Hard disk not detected by Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard

Hard disk not detected by Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard

I am having the Gigabyte motherboard and facing the problem with the Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard which is attached in my computer system. The system is not starting because i think that this Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard is not detecting hard drive connected to it. So the system is not starting. This problem started two days before and i am not able to resolve this problem by myself.

re: Hard disk not detected by Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard

You are having the computer system which has the Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard and the problem which you are facing with this motherboard of your computer is that the hard drive which is connected to this motherboard is not detecting it. So you are not able to start your computer. So first of all i will recommend you to reconnect the hard drive to the motherboard of your computer system. I think after that this problem will be resolved.

I will suggest you to start your desktop computer in the safe mode and see that the Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard is detecting the hard drive or not. If your computer system is not starting in the normal mode. During the start-up of the system press the F8 key and select the safe Mode for starting Windows may be this can solve the problem of your computer system. May be there is some issue with the operating system in starting the computer in the normal windows mode.

First of all i will suggest you to check the hard drive of your computer system may be this problem is related with the hard drive and you are thinking that this problem is of the Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard. So connect the hard drive on the motherboard of some other computer system. If it is working then the fault is with the motherboard and if not working on other system then the fault is of the hard drive.

I think the connection cable which is used for the connecting the hard drive and the motherboard of your desktop computer system is not working properly. There are two types of cables, IDE and SATA. If you have SATA hard drive in your desktop then replace it with the new SATA cable and similarly for the IDE Cable. So i will advice you to change this connection cable of the hard drive and the Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard of your computer system.

I think the hard drive of your computer system is crashed and that is the reason because of which the computer system is not able to start the windows operating system. So you will have to reinstall the operating system on the hard drive. Insert the operating system installation disc in the Rom of the computer system. Boot from the disc and install the operating system properly by following the instructions properly.After installing the OS install the drivers of the Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 Motherboard. After that this issue will be resolved.