Thread: Difference between X25-M SSD Intel and Kingston

Difference between X25-M SSD Intel and Kingston

As i am in plan to do a setup of my new pc configuration as if now the new technologies are arising. So i started collecting some hardware parts for the cabinet to configure it. One of my friend told me that there are new hard drives launched, and the two latest drives came across me when i searched for it. "X25-M SSD Intel" vs "Kingston" were the two hard drives which i came to know. Now i just want the difference between these two drives to configure my cabinet.

Re: Difference between X25-M SSD Intel and Kingston

Kingston recently released the SSDNow V Series 40GB Boot Drive. It is said that it is the best and most cost-effective ways which helps to accelerate any desktop’s boot, shutdown and application load times.

Features and Specifications of Kingston SSDNow 40GB Boot Drive:

• The Reading Speed is up to 170MB/sec and the Writing Speed up to 40MB/sec.
    • It uses NAND Flash memory components.
    • It runs silent and cool with no moving parts.
    • It supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
    • It has a three-year Kingston warranty also 24/7 tech support.
    • It has the capacity of 40GB.

About "X25-M SSD" Intel some information on it. Intel Solid State Drives which represent and delivers a giant leap in reference to storage performance. Intel Solid State Drives is designed to give the satisfaction to the most demanding gamers, media creators, and technology enthusiasts. This new drive gives you a high level of performance and reliability to notebook and desktop PC storage.

Some Features:

The Model name is:
    Intel® X25-M Mainstream SATA Solid-State Drive.

It has the capacity of 160GB.

It supports NAND flash components, i.e:
    10 Parallel Channel Architecture with 50nm MLC ONFI 1.0 NAND (50nm).

The Read speed is 85 microseconds (50nm) and writing speed is 115 microseconds (50nm)

Its Interface is considered to SATA 1.5 Gb/s and 3.0 Gb/s

Product health monitoring:
    It has a Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) commands plus additional Intel Solid State monitoring.

Hi friend,
    Few days ago i just bought the "Kingston SNM225-S2/80GB" and it is confirmed that it has the same features as the "Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD" has. I have reflashed the firmware and has the drive up and it is running in Windows Vista w/ trim. I'll suggest you that you don't buy the "SNM125-S2/80GB" as it is same as the G1 version of the Intel drive. I manage to buy it from Newegg for $230 when I notice that the model number which is in the pictures matched exactly to the Intel G2 drive.

By getting at your point i have found that if you go on the internet and find some information about these both SSD drives then you will find that there is not much difference in both of them.As i found that the "Kingston SSDNow M Series SNM125-S2/80GB" is identical to the "Intel X25-M SSD". They conclusion is that most of the features with these both drives are exactly the same.