Thread: Scsi Drive Issues

Scsi Drive Issues

Hi

I have a Dell Precision 670 with scsi hard drive, earlier one hard drive failed and i replaced and now again it is showing the message while startup " your hard disc is functioning out of specifications so backup your data and contact dell support" i tried to reformat but still the same message is coming up and then i have to press any key to start the windows, i wanted to know that what is the problem and how can i rectify this problem.

2. If this problem can be rectified only with replacing the hard drive then i prefer to replace the scsi hard drive with sata hard drive as sata drives are cheaper than the scsi drive

so in this case i would like to know the procedure step by step to replace scsi drive with sata drive i mean how to instal the raid controller and other things.

Thanks

Re: Scsi Drive Issues

The "Scsi Drive Issues" can also be a case of virus infection. I suggest you to install a well up-to-date antivirus like AVG that can remove infections like virus, worms an trojans as well. Then, run a full system scan, including all the hard drives as well as flash drives. Remove any infections if detected. If the problem still persists, then only replace the hard drive.