Thread: BIOS optimization after overclocking

BIOS optimization after overclocking

Hi,
    I had heard that optimizing the BIOS can provide up to 50% performance gain. How to do that. I had done overclocking a number of time in my computer. This has reduced my computer speed to an extent. But I know that by some changes in the BIOS I can fix that issue out. I need some tips on the same. Thanks in advance

Re: BIOS optimization after overclocking

The Boot sequence of BIOS. It determines the order of boot drives. The Bios is often set to boot from the floppy drive (A. To optimize the startup of the PC you first put your main hard drive. Ex: C - CDROM - A. For Boot up Floppy Seek, it detects the type of floppy disks and slow startup. Disabled Turn to optimize the boot.

In BIOS you can see a Quick Power On Self Test. This feature allows the BIOS to choose between test or not test the equipment before starting. By selecting Disabled, the BIOS tests the hardware (slower). Put enabled only if you installed a new device (test operation). For accelerating graphics card you can access the AGP aperture size (graphic aperture size). This function is linked to the AGP graphics card and sets the size of textures that can be stored in memory. Set it to half the size of your RAM.

There are multiple options in BIOS like for keyboard settings you can see Boot Up Numlock Status. This option determines the startup status of numeric keypad. If you set to on, the keypad will be activated at startup. By choosing off, the keys become arrow keys. And for Optimizing printing Parallel Port Mode is configure. This option sets the speed of data transfer passing through the parallel port. Choose how ECP or EPP mode governing the parallel port on a high speed. Otherwise, choose the mode ECP + EPP. Avoid the SPP mode, slower.

You can do something in the BIOS to improve the hard drive performance. The IDE HDD Block Mode option optimizes drive performance. Activate it with Enabled. It can cause problems if you find any select Disabled. Select Enabled for HDD SMART capability to be notified of future failures of your hard drive (this does not exempt from backup). Otherwise put Disabled.
    The IDE Ultra DMA Mode option enables UDMA and therefore accelerates your PC. Set the Enabled option.

Boot Virus Detection is used to prevent the modified boot sector (for example a virus). Select Enabled. When you install an operating system (Windows or Linux for example) you should disable this option to reactivate later and in the same hand processor Serial Number covers only Pentium III with a serial number engraved. Put Disabled. There are many other terms too,.