Thread: New Intel Processors with built in GPU?

New Intel Processors with built in GPU?

Hello all, i have been surfing the internet and was just going through some videos and then a video stated that intel in building new processors which will have Graphics chip integrated. I mean this is just awesome. Is it true? New Intel Processors with built in GPU? Please provide some info, comments on this please. Also let me know if i'm wrong...

Re: New Intel Processors with built in GPU?

I don't think this is a news. Its just a rumor. Well while it is quite possible that this can be done, but it requires a massive scale integration on a single processor. Also the drivers would be a problem if graphics chip is on board. It will need more memory on chip other then cache memory... But can you provide a link for any such video or article?

Now Intel is developing many new processors along with the others its developing octa-core processors which are rumored to have built-in GPUs. May be thats what you have heard about. Its not a rumor and its a new. Lets just wait and see what intel is upto...

I wonder if the CPU/GPU combination will be a begining of a new revolution of computer Architecture. That's what AMD has been saying in that 2006, If so, how about AMD and/or NvIDIA Team reinforcing with Intel to Create a "Extreme Architecture" To deliver the best accomplishment for the future? Why would they do that? They are competitors. Only two things could happen : Mergers and acquisitions and there will be market dominance. If there are no competitors and they raise their prices further cut the nation. Then they subordinate their research budget and tech progresses may happen more slowly.

philipholmes Guest

computer is a most popualr tenclay machin and at presenn timeI wonder if the CPU/GPU combination will be a begining of a new revolution of computer Architecture. It will need more memory on chip other then cache memory... But can you provide a link for any such video or article...................................
    ----------------------------------------
    philipholmes
    -------------------------------------
    Last edited by Rameez.J; 26-01-2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: External Link Removed.