Thread: Is multi threading safe on intel processor

Is multi threading safe on intel processor

I want to know that Does IntelĀ® IPP support multi-threading. Does it is safe from thread. Does the OpenMP* code functions are their in the Intel IPP. From creating threads is it possible to prevent Intel IPP. Can we determine the figure of threads the Intel IPP generates. How do I control the figure of threads the Intel IPP creates.When my application calls Intel IPP functions from a separate thread, the application hangs; how do I resolve this.

Re: Is multi threading safe on intel processor

Yes. Intel IPP supports multi-threading in the energetic libraries and threaded stagnant libraries (like ipp*merged_t.lib, which are available since 6.x). The no_threaded stagnant libraries like (lib*emerged.lib lib*merged.lib) do not support multi-threading. All the functions have been tested to be thread safe.

Intel IPP Threading role or purpose information base offer an a comprehensive list for IPP threading role or purpose. Rapidly, you can find this "ThreadedFunctionsList.txt" file beneath "doc" folder beneath product installation directory. The directory is updated in each release. You can use the role or purpose ippGetNumThreads to find the number of threads twisted by the Intel IPP.

You have to call the role or purpose ippSetNumThreads to set the number of threads twisted. Yes, if you are calling the Intel IPP role or purpose from several threads, it is suggested to have Intel IPP threading turned off. There are 3 ways to put out of action multi-threading. Link to the non-threaded stagnant libraries.

It is not probable in all cases to decide or conclude the cause of incompatibility with thread manager software. The ippSetNumThreads role or purpose has been developed so that threading can be put out of action in the dynamic libraries. Please also check the segments above for other ways to prevent Intel IPP functions from creating threads. Multi threading is safe on Intel processor.

This issue happens because the threading technology used in your submission and in the Intel IPP (OpenMP) are irreconcilable. The ippSetNumThreads role or purpose has been developed so that threading can be put out of action in the energetic libraries. Please also check the sections above for other ways to prevent Intel IPP functions from creating threads.