Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cache plays an important role in computer

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 24-01-2010

Cache plays an important role in computer

Hi everybody, in my computer I am having Intel core 2 duo processor. And I purchased this processor with 512 KB cache memory. And it also comes with different size of caches. I heard that it is used to increase the speed of instruction processing, I want to know about what are the use of cache memory in the processor. Can any one help me.

Old 24-01-2010

Re: Cache plays an important role in computer

In previous computers, the different components was having one thing in common. The running speed of processor was at 8 MHz or less, which it takes many of the clock cycles execute the instruction done. It was not very few which the processor will going to stopped up waiting for the memory of the system, because even though the memory were to slow, the processor want not having a speed demon either. It leads on few systems the memory was faster than the processor.
Old 24-01-2010

This disparity in velocity increment has left us along processors that run much faster than everything else in the computer. The meaning of this is that one of the important aim is in recent system developed is to make assurance that to whatever extent possible, the processor is not speed is minimized down by the storage space devices it works with.
Old 24-01-2010

There are one of the best way to storage the processor which included to wait is to create everything that it utilizes very fast as it is. It will not be best just to include memory space, system buses, hard disks drive and CD-ROM drives that just went as fast as the processor. Of course it will, however there is this very small problem called "technology" that gets in the way.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,