Thread: Intel dual core system information

Intel dual core system information

What are the dual core chips of Intel. I need a process of working details. I know there are more new processor in the market but the think I want to know is the working information of introduction of new dual core technology. how do they are better than single core cheap. I also want to know about the 64 bit dual core chip working and output. what is their comparison with amd.

Re: Intel dual core system information

Intel will establish its brand new Core 2 Duo line of dual-core, 64-bit processor chips Thursday. The first of these next-generation processors to hit the marketplace has been code-named Conroe. The Conroe family of chips is made up of five some what dissimilar desktop processors. Intel's laptop-unambiguous processors, the first 64-bit mobile processors from the company, will follow a few weeks later.

The Merom processors will replace Intel's current Core Duo mobile processors. Intel's move toward dual-core chip structural design and the consequent retirement of the Pentium brand signals the next great leap in the advancement or development of the personal computer. They are faster, they use less power and they are better able to multitask. Dual-core chips are more competent at running multiple resource-demanding tasks at the same time like downloading large files while using Photoshop. Dual-core chips are also smaller and less expensive to manufacture.

Yes, the Pentium D, presently or at present the only dual-core desktop brain from Intel. The Conroe chips exploit a much more advanced manufacturing process and a brand new design scheme called the Intel Core Microarchitecture. The Pentium D is based on Intel's older, more power-hungry NetBurst structural design.

Intel says that the Conroe chip is about 40 percent faster than the Pentium D while overwhelming or uncontrollable 40 percent less power. The Merom chips are about 20 percent faster than the older Core Duo laptop chips at the same power level. The first Conroe models start at 1.86 GHz and go all the way up to 2.93 GHz for the Conroe XE Core 2 Tremendous. The Merom processors range in speed from 1.66 GHz to 2.33 GHz. This are the some information on Intel dual core system.

Examination and experiment runs by Hexus and Anandtech against superior Micro Devices' dual-core Athlon 64 FX-62 chip reveal speeds considerably faster than either the AMD chip or the Pentium D. There has been some dissent, however, with Hardocp claiming that the Athlon and Conroe chips run neck-and-neck in gaming tests.