Thread: Arctic silver meltdown on motherboard

Arctic silver meltdown on motherboard

Hello,
    I need for some advice please. A few days ago I applied some Arctic silver 5 to the CPU, after that it will run nice and cool but after some days when I checked the temperature of my CPU that time I was shocked my CPU running warmer and Arctic silver meltdown on motherboard. That time I think it’s my problem I hadn't applied it correctly, i did it again but temps are still running warm. But when I see the process in Task Manager that time I see plenty of applications processes are double.
    My temps are as follows.
    Peak core 1 – 65 t0 2 – 58 and Idle temperature at around 44- 55 and under slow fans it was at around 32-38

Re: Arctic silver meltdown on motherboard

I think heatsink must be in contact with the CPU, some time it will melt down on the CPU. I think you not able to apply correctly? Did your M1710 came with a Thermal Pad? Did you check your CPU specs to find out normal temp range? It has to past a couple of weeks for the thermal paste to settle in. for solving this problem you have to give your motherboard in service center.

I think Your M1710 didn’t came with a thermal pad and because of this you have to face this problem for solving this problem you have to use another thermal pad. Thermal pads are reducing the processors heats. When you remove your thermal pad that time it will damage or something else and because of this your heatsink melt down on your motherboard.

I think this is not your thermal pad problem, if this is thermal pad problem then your processor will heat not all the processes time are increase to double I think because virus your computer processes are goes double and there is no need to remove or change your processor you have to only format your computer and use updated antivirus.

Yes I also think it’s virus problem because I also face this same problem that time I not going to use other heatsink , that time I directly format my computer and then I install latest version of antivirus and update it regularly because of this my computer doesn’t effected by the virus, I think you should use this solution for solving your problem.