Thread: Core i7 iMac Problems

Core i7 iMac Problems

I just got my new 27" iMac, and wanted to install Windows 7 64 bit via Boot Camp. I have problem with overclocking Core i7 920 processor with motherboard Asus II rampage extreme. The installation went fine, but now when the iMac restarts, after the Windows loading screen, I just get a black screen, no display. Any one has any idea why i'm facing Core i7 iMac problems? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Core i7 iMac Problems

Which is basically disconnecting ALL cables and power, then reconnecting using a precise procedure. The problem with regard to HyperThreading is that Vista cannot tell the difference between a real physical core and a virtual core created by HyperThreading. When you reconnect the power cord, if you have been using a crowded or old power strip (surge suppressor), try connecting it directly to the wall outlet, at least initially. Hence, as far as Vista is concerned, a system running the quad-core Core i7 looks like it has eight 'logicalCPUs', each of them equal.

If all seems well, add back your peripheral devices. If the problem recurs after doing so, you may want to see if one of the devices is causing this problem, through a process of elimination. If VMware does not want to start the Boot Camp partition because Windows was not stopped normally, reboot into Windows in Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows is about to start). It will tell you that it cannot finish the install in Safe Mode, then it will reboot. Press ALT when it reboots and boot into Mac OS X. USB and FireWire devices can become faulty or otherwise interfere with the iMac's sleep, wake, shutdown, and startup.

Just reseat your cooler its not a hard task to do but heres a way to test if its seated proper. Are you using the 1st/3rd/5th dimms or the 2nd/4th/6th dimm slots? If you don't use the 2nd/4th/6th dimms your pc won't post. Push down on your cooler toward your motherboard as your doing that run prime95 and see if they still hit very high temps if not then its seated wrong also i'v heard i7 runs hotter than core 2 quads.

If your computer does not retain parameter RAM (PRAM) settings when it is turned off, this generally indicates that the battery needs to be changed.After hitting the power button, some owners hear the startup chime, but don’t get to boot successfully to their desktop.

If your computer is Open Firmware-based (Power PC) and you are unable to reset NVRAM as described above, you may alternatively reset the NVRAM and Open Firmware settings. If the problem still recurs after the SMC reset with only your keyboard/mouse connected, I would have it looked at by a technician at an Apple Store or Apple-certified repair shop.