Thread: Motherboard issue of the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop

Motherboard issue of the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop

I am having the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop computer system and i think there is many problems related with the motherboard of this desktop computer. Some time the power does not comes and some times hard disk not detected in the windows and some other problems also exists with this motherboard. I dont know what is the problem with the motherboard of the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop. Someone help in getting out of this problem.

Re: Motherboard issue of the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop

You are having the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop computer and there are many issues related to the motherboard of this computer system according to your query. However you have not mentioned here that how many years old this computer system is. I think you should clean the motherboard and CPU properly. Remove all the dust properly from the CPU and the motherboard. Sometime Dusts create these types of problem. So you should clean the CPU of the computer system at the regular intervals.

You are saying that this computer is having problem related to the power supply to the motherboard. Some times it does not start and some times it starts. So according to this i think this can be the problem of the power supply chord of the computer system. I think you should change the power supply chord now. Because might be this power supply chord is damaged because you are using this power supply from many years.

You are also having the issues related to the hard drive of the computer system. According to you the secondary hard drive is not detected on your computer system whenever your computer starts. So i will advice you that check all the connection of the secondary hard drive with the power supply and PATA or SATA whichever is supported by your system. And make sure that it is connected to the motherboard of the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop.

If you are not able to solve the problems of the motherboard related to the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop by the above suggested methods by the people of the community then i think you should try this which i am going to suggest you now. You should remove all the hardware peripherals connected to the motherboard. clean the motherboard as well as all the hardware peripherals and after that connect them back to the motherboard properly. This can solve this issue related to the motherboard power supply and the Hard drive detection.

If the above suggested all the methods and tricks are not able not solve this issues related to the motherboard of the Acer Aspire M5640 desktop computer then now you have only one option left. You should change the motherboard of this computer system.
    List of the motherboards that you can purchase for your computer system.
    1. Intel D945GCPE Motherboard
    2. Intel D945GCNL Motherboard
    3. Intel DG31PR Motherboard
    4. Intel DG33TL Motherboard
    5. Intel DG33FB Motherboard
    6. Intel DQ35MP Motherboard
    7. Intel DQ35JO Motherboard
    8. Intel DG965RYCK Motherboard
    9. Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard
    10. Intel DP35DP Motherboard
    11. Intel DX38BT Motherboard