Thread: Asus P7P55D-E Premium vs Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe

Asus P7P55D-E Premium vs Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe

I have right now desktop computer Intel P2 with me from last 2years, now i want upgrade my configuration. I am confused with two new Asus boards. They both(Asus P7P55D-E Premium and Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe) have features of USB 3.0 and SATA 6.0. I want to more differences between them, so can come to know which one is better to buy. My knowledge says that only advantage with Premium is that it has the "48 hybrid phase". Is it just better for overclocking? I think the Premium would be better in all ways, but the Deluxe has the feature of eSATA and also has an additional PCIe slot, but only the "24 hybrid phase". So, please suggest me which one should i go for??

Re: Asus P7P55D-E Premium vs Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe

I am also trying to find answer for the same question, and til now i got that the E-Deluxe is the TOP, because it has more features. But 48 phase power you mentioned for the Premium, which made me confuse now. I also got information that the SATA 3 (6gb) is a disappointing one. It is very slow in many cases when compared on various benchmarks. It has only one benefit that is its enormous burst speeds in tests like HDTach have that feature. In all my recommendation would be to go with Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe.

According to me the layout of the slots is different of both the boards you told. The Premium has 2 pci-e 1x slots at the bottom of the board and the Deluxe has on pci-e 1x slot at the bottom, and two at the top on either side of the main gpu port. The ports (i.e 1x ports) are faster on the deluxe (this what my reading says), and the deluxe has more ports on it's rear input output area. The Deluxe comes with 8 USB 2.0 ports plus 6 more via headers, while in the Premium only 4 additional USB ports via headers. Taking all this in consider, i think the deluxe is a better than the premium.
    Last edited by PeterAGASSI; 04-01-2010 at 08:40 AM.

The asus company has came up with he P7P55D-E Premium and its first mainboard that has features USB 3.0 as well as 6 GB/s SATA. Important to consider is that they seem to literally wait for extreme overclockers to set world records due to the huge 48 phases power design. The newest innovation to this motherboards is the SATA 3 standard. The P7P55D-E Premium also comes with a TurboV remote which handles overclocking much like a remote control for the PC. The memory that is supported by this(P7P55D-E Premium) is upto DDR3-1333. Thus, fastest speed is possible and with overclocking the board can support up to DDR3-2200MHz memory.

Asus has provided the new P7P55D Premium motherboard with exciting features like USB 3.0 support making a good board even better/best. I would say, when comes to features of the P7P55D-E Premium it wins everything over everyother board in the market with its 48 Hybrid Phase Power, SATA 3.0, USB 3.0, excellent overclocking through the TurboV EVO processor and a TurboV Remote to overclock with the touch of the remote. The performance wise this board is also good, so considering all this point, you should go for Asus P7P55D-E Premium.

I have been studying on this two boards (Asus P7P55D-E Premium and Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe) from long time. And by the information provided on ASUS's website, i also came away with the same differences between them, i have also noticed that the Deluxe has two additional mid-board USB ports). The 16+3 phase power of the Deluxe would theoretically make it a bad/worst overclocker than the 32 +3 design of the Premium, but in practically don't know any difference they will make. I would prefer to go with cheaper board out of this two.