Thread: Sound problem of Asus M2A-VM Motherboard

Sound problem of Asus M2A-VM Motherboard

I am having the Asus M2A-VM Motherboard in my computer system. But now there is suddenly the problem has come with this motherboard after upgrading the operating system of the desktop from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7 Operating System. The sound device of the Asus M2A-VM motherboard is not working. Because of this i am not able to see the movies in the computer. I need the help for solving this problem of my computer system.

Re: Sound problem of Asus M2A-VM Motherboard

You are having the Asus M2A-VM Motherboard in your computer system. And you are having the problem with the sound device of your computer system after the installation of the Windows 7 operating system by removing the Windows Vista operating system from this computer system on the motherboard. This problem occurs most of the times when you upgrade the operating systems in your computer systems. so remove the old driver of sound device and reinstall it in your computer system.
    Last edited by Amd Athlon; 02-01-2010 at 12:40 PM.

If the sound device of the Asus M2A-VM Motherboard is not working in your computer system then this is because of the simple reason of the driver problem. Your computer system does not have the compatible sound driver for the Windows 7 operating system because you have recently upgraded the operating system of your computer system from the Windows Vista. So if you are installing the older sound driver which you had installed for the Vista OS then your sound device will not work in the Windows 7 Operating system. Download the sound device driver from the internet for the Asus M2A-VM Motherboard.

There can be problem of the speakers setting with the computer system if your sound driver is totally compatible with the Windows 7 Operating system and then also the sound device is not working of your computer system. Check all the settings of the speakers to the computer system. Make sure that the speakers are connected to the proper sound output port of the computer system and audio output is not mute in the OS. Check the speakers settings of the sound devices from the control panel of the operating system. If there is any problem with the settings or the connection then make it proper.

It is also possible that the audio connection port of the Asus M2A-VM Motherboard is not working properly or may be it is damaged. To check this connect another speakers to the computer system. If the sound is not coming from this speakers also then this audio port of the motherboard in your computer system is not working. Replace it or you can add additional sound card on the motherboard which will come with the support for the Windows 7 operating system.

Once i was also having the same kind of the problem. To solve this problem of the computer i was checking all the settings connections and audio port of the motherboard. But this was the problem of the jack of the speakers with my case. So there can also be the possibility of the same with your computer system. So i will advice you to check out this possibility also. Check your speakers with other systems if it is not working then it is the problem of the speaker jack.