Thread: hp mini 110 won't turn on

hp mini 110 won't turn on

I was skyping a relative on my hp mini110 while the laptop was on a blanket on my bed; the system just switched off all of a sudden and would not turn back on. It was plugged into a power outlet at the time. The base seemed quite warm, but I normally operate the mini off some carpet or a blanket and have no problems. When I do turn the computer on, the only lights that display are the power on LED button, and wireless LED button - note the system doesn't actually boot.

Re: hp mini 110 won't turn on

The system seems to have shut down due to rise in temperature. Try the following steps and see if the system boots again. Remove the battery and power supply. Now Press and hold the Power on button for about 30 seconds. After that replace the battery and power supply and check if the system boots.

The problem could be that the smps hat is the power supply may be disfunctioning or the battery may have worn out due to overheating. You need to replace the battery and then try to turn the system on. Even if that does not work then add some thermal paste to the heat sink this wont let your system to overheat.

Hi, It is better to call up your dealer for problem that you are facing if it is in the warranty period then they will fix it easily otherwise they will charge a little for the repairing of the same. You can also call the HP customer care. The no. of the same is printed on the device. Click here to get more information about the HP customer care. Thanks

HP came with large number of laptops with the same problem, I have the same problem sometimes and what I do to take out the battery and the AC for 15 minutes. After that I put both back & turn on. You can try this with your laptop.

Well It seems like you have concealed the laptop's Ventilator holes for sometime by keeping it on a blanket, which increased the processor temprature and due to which your laptop turned off. I think you should call the hardware professional and get their help . But calling the company people eould be a better option but they will charge you higher then the hardware professionals. So its upto you whom you call !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amd Athlon View Post
    The system seems to have shut down due to rise in temperature. Try the following steps and see if the system boots again. Remove the battery and power supply. Now Press and hold the Power on button for about 30 seconds. After that replace the battery and power supply and check if the system boots.

Cheers. I tried that but no cigar. The led lights on the 'on button' and 'wireless button' come on just as before but no signs of life anywhere else with the machine. The sorting out the warranty is a bit of a problem aswell. I'm in europe and i bought it in aus. I would try the hp customer service line but heard of 2hr waits for assistance... I guess this is my last option.

Quote Originally Posted by SecRecy View Post
    Well It seems like you have concealed the laptop's Ventilator holes for sometime by keeping it on a blanket, which increased the processor temprature and due to which your laptop turned off. I think you should call the hardware professional and get their help . But calling the company people eould be a better option but they will charge you higher then the hardware professionals. So its upto you whom you call !!!!
    I ensured side vents were open, only the base of the machine was 'blocked'. This scenario isn't new to my machine and hasn't caused a problem before at all.

DUDE I didn't think this would really work but it actually did for me! Thank you so much!! I became a member on here just to tell you thank you :-)