Thread: Which one should i buy: AMD Socket AM2 or Intel Socket 1156 ?

Which one should i buy: AMD Socket AM2 or Intel Socket 1156 ?

I am planing to buy a new desktop computer for home purpose. I need the motherboard which will give me good performance and support for gaming as well as graphics. I am confused between AMD socket AM2 and Intel Socket 1156, which one should i opt for and why??
    Money does not matters to me. Please help me out soon, i am in hurry to purchase new computer.

Re: Which one should i buy: AMD Socket AM2 or Intel Socket 1156 ?

This is very hard question to reply , because to compare Intel and AMD is difficult because both as some or the other disadvantage in it. And choosing the correct/perfect CPU we needs isn't always an easy task. But most of us have to budget our purchases, but you told that you have no issue budget (money) then i would suggest to go with Intel Socket 1156. The Intel Socket 1156 enables PC users to get advantage of a performance level similar to that of the more expensive Core i7.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am right now using AMD Opteron in my desktop computer. I has been one year i am this configuration, now i wnt to upgrade my desktop. I am planning to use Intel instead of AMD. I am confused with Intel 1156 and Intel 1567, which tell which one will be the best?? and which one will give fast speed also?? and also should i change whole my motherboard also??

I would suggest you to buy the motherboard ASUS ATX Mainboard P7P55D PREMIUM which is one of the best motherboard with Intel Socket 1156(i .e i5/i7).It as following features in it:
    1] Supports both Crossfire and SLI.
    2] Intel P55 Chipset for use with Core i5/i7 CPU's.
    3] 6 SATA-2 ports with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
    4] 3 additional SATA-2 ports for maximum storage.
    5] Upto 16GB of DDR3 2200MHz ram.
    6] Features ExpressGate, TurboV and TurboKey.
    7] Dual GB Lan, 10 Channel HD Audio.
    8] 3x PCIex16 2.0, 2x PCIex1 and 2x PCI, 8x USB 2.0.
    This is expensive one, but as you told budget would not be your concern that's telling you to purchase this configuration.

According to me you should purchase the AMD socket AM2 (i.e AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core). There many reasons to buy AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core as if they provides leading-edge performance for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications, a high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated DDR memory controller , HyperTransport technology for high speed I/O communication, large high performance on-chip cache, boosts performance for many application, especially for memory intensive application. It has been discovered that AMD Socket AM2 are mainly used for desktop computers only, so i would tell you to prefer AMD only.

The budget is not your concern then go for GIGABYTE latest S-series motherboards for AMD socket AM2 platform, which has powerfull featurs with four innovative features- Safe, Smart, Speed, and SLI Technologies. This new S-series motherboards GA-M57SLI-S4; supporting AMD new generation AM2 processor with dual channel DDR2 800MHz high frequency memories, providing reliable and user friendly computing and reaching the maximum system performance easily via personalized software settings. In addition, the outstanding graphics performance through NVidia SLI™ multi-GPU function provides the S-seriesmotherboards excellent scalability for extreme gaming and 3D graphics. GIGABYTE S-series motherboards, the champion’s choice for AMD Socket AM2 platform!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"