Thread: Phenom Quad 1.8GHz vs Phenom X3 2.4GHz: Which one is the Best

Phenom Quad 1.8GHz vs Phenom X3 2.4GHz: Which one is the Best

I already have a desktop at my home. I am planning to upgrade my desktop now. I am confused, to use which motherboard processor and they are a Phenom Quad 1.8GHz or a Phenom X3 2.4GHz. I have searched alot upon this, but still confused with it. Please suggest me which one should i go with and which one will best performance in gaming purpose?
    Motherboard in use AM2.

Re: Phenom Quad 1.8GHz vs Phenom X3 2.4GHz: Which one is the Best

According to me Phenom X4 1.8GHz is better known as in multi-threaded application, where as Phenom X4 processors is a triple-core product which has good clock speed. I don't think it is a big upgrade if you are planing from AM2 athlon to low clocked phenom (assuming that you already have Athlon). I would suggest you to get something like Phenom II X3 720 or Athlon II X4 620 which is be much better than Phenom 1.8GHz
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am right now using AMD Athlon in my desktop. I also planning to upgrade my desktop my desktop before new year arrives. I mostly play games on my desktop so please suggest me also to which AMD processor is should switch which will give me excellent performance in gaming. I don't any issue with my budget, i can spend how ever it will cost, but wants the best. Please help me out

I would suggest you to go with Phenom X3 2.4GHz its the best. The major benefit of Phenom X3 is that cores can communicate on die rather than on package for improving performance or for better performance. It helps to improve system performance and efficiency by directly connecting the I/O and I/O to the CPU. Also designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing. I think this much advantages are enough to go with Phenom X3 2.4GHz rather than Phenom Quad 1.8GHz. Hope you can make out want to buy with this information.

By reading your query, my suggestion would to go with Phenom X3 2.4GHz, because gaming is your concern and that will be fulfilled by Phenom X3 and not the Phenom Quad 1.8GHz. But the cost of Phenom X3 2.4GHz very high compare to Phenom Quad 1.8GHz, so its upon you to calculate and decide which one to buy. See Phenom X3 is triple-core processor which is major advantage of it, this because everyone opt for it. And if you want to any other from Phenom Quad 1.8GHz and Phenom X3 2.4GHz then i can suggest you to go with Athlon II X4 620.

If i would be on your place then i would opt the Phenom X3 2.4GHz, because its has triple-core. I would also like to tell you some facts of Phenom X3, the performance of Phenom X3 may differ in from games to games, but nevertheless, we can make out two types of behavior this processor demonstrates in gaming applications. In the games, those that do not fully support quad-core processors in that Phenom X3 demonstrates poor results. But in games including Unreal Tournament 3, World in Conflict and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. Performance in these games depends a lot on the number of available computational cores that is why the new Phenom X3 processors do not look that bad here.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's