Thread: Error "Press F4 to resume setup"

Error "Press F4 to resume setup"

I have recently loaded new boot system in my Desktop system. And i think in updating boot system the BIOS has also been updated. Since then every time I start up my Desktop it asks "Press F4 to resume setup". If I try to go in safe mode it does not allows and computer restart. I have also formatted OS drive and reinstall the CMOS battery then also "Press F4 to resume setup" is still there. Is there any specific bug to be removed for this or problem is related to BIOS??

Re: Error "Press F4 to resume setup"

If error like "Press F4 to resume setup" comes then you need to go into BIOS setup and then just save the changes. F4 related to BIOS error. Either by saving changes or without saving any changes, it should clear it up. If this does not work, then you may have to go into BIOS once again. In BIOS to go error message option and change the error message to halt on no errors.This may fix your problem.

Firstly i would say to turn off your computer and also power off. Then open up the cabinet and unplug the CDROM data cable. Now try to boot up, if it boots up normally then the jumpers settings done is wrong. So, the HDD should be master or master/slave and the CDROM should be slave. And if there are 2IDE sockets on your motherboard then separate 2drives.

Turn on the computer and go into the BIOS setup. This is done by pressing DEL button on keyboard while booting is going on, but in some computer's DEL button does not work, so you have to press F1/F10 to go into BIOS setup.As you enter into BIOS setup there will option named as Stop booting on Error and if it is enabled then make it disable.I think this will work and solve your problem. But to know the error in detail then you have to specify each and every settings in BIOS.

See normally you get this error message whenever your computer BIOS is checking computer system and something is found wrong. After this message comes and you press F4 then computer is starting up normally?? or some other error is coming??. This error may also comes when you installed any new hardware without configuring it and also it is not updated in BIOS. So, you need to configure and update the BIOS, and this should be done whenever you are installing or adding new hardware device.

This is BIOS problem. And this may occur when CMOS battery has something wrong with it, so instead of reinstalling it buy the new one for market and install it. If this also does solve your then try this go into the BIOS setup and go to into SMART settings and set smart capability to disable value and if smart settings is not there, then try to go into advanced menu in that boot configuration and in that there will be HDD Self Diagnostic setting. Changes its value to Disable. Now, Save all this changes and EXIT from the BIOS Setup. This can resolve your Press F4 error.

Press DEL on startup to enter Bios Setup Utility,
    Go to security
    then go to chassis Intrusion and Disable,
    Pres F10 to save and exit. VWALAH