Thread: What does Bus mean in the computer world?

What does Bus mean in the computer world?

Hi Friends,

I just started to study the computer fundamental. The one concept for which I am getting troubled while understanding it is "Bus". I don't have any idea what is exactly use of the bus in the computer world.
    If anyone has sound knowledge about the bus functioning then please share with me. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: What does Bus mean in the computer world?

Hi,

Bus in the computer system is one type of the wire which is used to transfer data from one computer system to the other drive. The bus actually refers to the inter data transmission. The inter Bus used to connect the different point of the circuit in the motherboard.
    The bus which is used only for transmission of the digital information is referred as "Data Bus". The data bus takes many inputs from various buses. In the computer the bus is like vein for transferring the digital data.

The computer basically comprises two types of the bus which are as follows:
    • Data Bus:
      The data bus normally carries the the digital data. The databus coonects various components of the circuit of the computer.
    • Address Bus:
      The Address Bus normally carries information about the destination of the digital data.

Hello,

The computer bus is a main system which essential to connects CPU with the various different peripherals of the computer. This connection also includes the parallel data transfer, multiple devices connection.
    Von Neumman bus type of bus is normally used in the modern computers. This type of bus is able to access peripherals as well as the memory over similar logical manner.

• The bus in the computer is designed to overcome the disadvantages of the point to point connection.
    • In the point-to-point connection type the required single wire for each connection. On other hand in the Bus it connects peripherals over single wire. The bus concept decreases in interconnection of the computer system by decreasing the number of the wires used for the connection.

Following are some advantages of the computer bus:
    • Used to make single connection for all components as well as for peripherals.
    • Used to decrease the cabling within computer.
    • Less data loss as compare to traditional wiring.
    • Used to connects several gates at a single time.