Thread: NetIo.sys causing Windows 7 to BSOD

NetIo.sys causing Windows 7 to BSOD

Just few days back i had installed Windows 7 on my pc. Now the problem is that whenever i turn on my system, every times my Windows 7 desktop crashes and restarts automatically. After every restarts it started giving me BSOD error message and which tells me to check the minidump and and after checking minidump it seems to be caused by netio.sys. I tried system restore, didn't help and I tried reinstalling windows, that didn't work either. So, can any one tell me that why NetIo.sys causing my Windows 7 to BSOD? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: NetIo.sys causing Windows 7 to BSOD

According to me overheating could be one of the causes in some cases. First of all, remove all unnecessary hardware devices from the computer, try entering Windows safe mode to test whether it is a third-party software/hardware compatibility issue.

I get netio.sys bsod when I push my overclock too far. Have you recently adjusted any voltages / RAM settings / increased the FSB? If you still get the BSOD error after installing the latest driver, please understand that Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a hardware device, third-party drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

Netio.sys is an OS driver. 0xD1 errors are usually caused by drivers. You are downloading without an antivirus? You are leaving yourself wide open for infection. I hope you are behind a router. Make sure you don't have installed two firewalls or two antiviruses or likely -if yes you have to uninstall one of them.

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. There are a few drivers loaded that I don't recognize right off the bat, but it just seems that NETio faulted. I would also like to confirm which "new driver" could not recognize the hardware, where did you download it? In addition, does this issue occur right after installing win7? Incompatible driver may cause such issues. Have you tried updating BIOS and chipset driver? If it is an OEM version, it is strongly recommended contact the manufacture for direct assistance.