Thread: Windows 7 battery error "consider replacing your battery

Windows 7 battery error "consider replacing your battery

I am using a HP laptop and have recently installed the Windows 7 RC. Since upgrading from Windows 7, After successful installation of Windows 7 RC Build 7100, it is telling me to replace my battery which was heal and healthy on Vista before Windows 7 installation. I'm getting "consider replacing your battery" and "There is a problem with your battery, so your computer might shut down suddenly" messages while plugged in and erroneous power readings and early shut down when running off battery. My battery is fine; I never had any trouble before the upgrade. It works fine in Vista, its only about 4 months old, it lasts 2 hours +, and even in Windows 7, it will last for the same time period as it did in Vista. How do i resolve Windows 7 battery error "consider replacing your battery issue? Any idea about it? Please help me out.

Re: Windows 7 battery error "consider replacing your battery

Generally speaking, laptop batteries are only good for about 1 year. Battery management in bios has the possibility to change for 3 values: charge to 50%, charge to 100%, charge maximum. I used the 50% value for testing purpose and could read exact 50% availabilty in the battery status. After that, their charges start to not hold up and the runtime on batteries just gets lower and lower. If your battery is indeed old, it's probably time to replace it.

Windows 7 has had issues identifying certain batteries, as you can easily see searching the forum. Due to such prevalence, it is safe to say the issue will be addressed. Then changed to maximum since 100% is bios default. None the better. Now I can read 100% available, and "you should change your battery" while mains is plugged in. Since battery drivers are Windows system drivers I won't find updated drivers on HP support site. Unplugging the mains adapter gives me the blinking little red cross and the "consider replacing" message.

The CMOS battery is some kind of round shape button, thin in diameter, sometimes it can be hidden by extension cards or connectors or on old PC it has a cylindrical shape. Try using device manager to disable "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery." It seems to be a temporary solution to my similar problem. Although I now have no metering, I can get more than 35 minutes on battery.

ThumbsUp Re: Windows 7 battery error "consider replacing your battery

I have officially solved this problem,

1. Flip your laptop sideways in a smooth fashion (fast but not too fast) while the charger is plugged in

(lift your laptop slightly in the air and hold the left side and push it upwards to the right direction and smoothly push it back and down)

The errors and inconvenient messages will instantly dissapear!

Try it yourself, maybe try more than once if it doesn't work, I'm running a HP Pavillion and it fixed it.
    Enjoy