Thread: PCI slot not working on intel gigabyte

PCI slot not working on intel gigabyte

Hi. This is a kind of problem that I am facing with the PCI slots of my system. Well I have opened up the cabinet case and accidentally the card was dashed by my hand. Now after I tried to look for it the video card is not responding. So I installed another one but even that didn't work either. Now I think the problem is with my slot of my motherboard. I have Intel gigabyte board. Please help.

Re: PCI slot not working on intel gigabyte

Well you can do the following thing by just unplugging the power connector. This would result that the power unit would be stabilized and would reset the necessary changes. Also remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard. Do not insert it into for around 30mins. After that boot the system by inserting the battery again to the motherboard. Check out for the result then.

It is not necessary that the problem might be associated with the PCI slot. There can be a possibility that the card you are using might have been damaged. Check for the fan on the card is working by installing it any other device. If the card is not responding then the case is clearly of the card been damaged. This can also be due to no power supply unit passing to the card from the SMPS.

The motherboard's PCI slot might have been damaged. This is because as you have dashed the card accidentally some of the cards chip particles might have been left into the slot or it would have been distorted due the accident. You need to service your motherboard by taking it to the nearest service center or contacting to the manufacturer. Hopefully this would work for you.