Thread: system is beeping before the boot

system is beeping before the boot

Hi.. friends i am facing the problem with my computer.when i try to start my system the beep sound comes for some time and computer does not start. I do not know why this beep is coming when i try to boot the system? please give me the reason of this problem. So that i can fix it as soon as possible. provide me the solution to the above problem.

Re: system is beeping before the boot

You said your system is beeping before the boot. But you have not mentioned the type of beep which you are getting from your system. So i am mentioning here some types of beeps and the possible reason for that beep. If your system is giving very short beep sound then it is the problem related with the motherboard or else it can be the problem of the BIOS setting. And if you are getting a very short beep then there is no problem. So check your motherboard. Clean the motherboard properly and boot again.

If your system is not giving above mentioned types of beep then have a look at some other types of beeps. If you are getting one long beep and followed by 3 short beep then this is problem related with graphic card. And if you are getting short beep first and three long beeps after that this is the problem of your RAM. So if you are getting any of these kind of beep then remove that hardware , clean it properly and fix it to the motherboard.

If you are not getting any kind of beeps listed above then check for these types of beep. If you are getting Beep- PAUSE- Beep- PAUSE- Two sequential beeps then it is the problem related to the CPU. And if you are getting Three beeps-PAUSE-Three beeps-PAUSE-Four beeps then this is linked with the Video memory. And if you are getting 1 long beep and 9 short then this problem is linked with your ROM. So identify the beep sound and correct the problem related to booting of your system.