Thread: ASUS P5WDH dlx + X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (Code12)

ASUS P5WDH dlx + X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (Code12)

I wanted to know if who have had problems installing a new sound card instead of the chip P5WDH dlx, I have a code 12 even after deactivating the chip in the bios in the management of embedded devices.

Does anyone have any idea why I am getting error code 12 when installing new sound card?

Re: ASUS P5WDH dlx + X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (Code12)

It does not help you but I have not encountered any problem with p5wdh deluxe and a x-fi fatality. I just had to disable onboard sound in bios. Did you tried reinstalling Windows or you just added your card and got that problem? Do you have any conflicts of drivers?

I just added the card without reinstalling Windows. I do not think there is a conflict of drivers. Finally I have not seen it and so I wonder inactiving a material that would take precedence over the x-fi, but for your information my integrated sound card is already inactive.

Doe it ask you each time when you restart to disable other peripherals? (besides what is this material?) You've verified the manager peripherals so that the integrated sound card no longer appears? What OS you are running? Did you tried uninstalling the drivers from the old sound card? (even if it is disabled in the bios) Don't you have a video card with ATI's chipset for HDMI? In Device Manager in the audio you're sure you didn't did anything that might conflict with the x-fi?

I disabled my sound card in the bios. I have installed my OS seven times. It has been more than installing my X-fi and after installation it will not start because apparently there is no peripherals which blocks.

My integrated card no longer appears, am my X-fi card appears with a small triangle and an exclamation point on it.