Thread: Turbo mode on Core 32nm

Turbo mode on Core 32nm

New cpu coming with new technology where i herd that Turbo mode on Core 32nm is special for ovrclock is that true can any one explain me with core i5 or core i7 .how it works ?
    thanks

Re: Turbo mode on Core 32nm

The Intel Core i7 processor series 7 / 8 and 9xx Intel implemented a special operation mode EIST technology. This involves a technique TURBO mode algorithm designed to speed up processor cores along with the growing demand for increased processor performance, if circumstances allow, thermal and electrical. The Nehalem architecture entity known as the PCU (Power Control Unit that is power control unit) which is located in the core processor constantly monitors the temperature readings at different locations of silicon nucleus, and its voltage, current and upcoming supply interruption. Described an algorithm based on the intensity of the current point in time estimate the quantity of heat produced by the processor. When this occurs that these are often interrupted or arrange for our operating system to set a core in a state of highest possible efficiency, while the intensity remains below the specified limit, the PCU is a unit for a given amount of time increases the clock speed chosen for the cores.

The processor architecture based on improved feature Bloomfield Turbo can accelerate two, three or four cores on one step multiplier, and one core - two steps multiplier,. A prerequisite for the acceleration of the core clock speed of one to two degrees of transition is at least one core in the C6 power state (the lowest possible clock speed, plus the power disconnected). On most motherboards multiplier TURBO 2 did not work in most cases of motherboard. By contrast, the new Clarkdale by Intel PCU has improved quite significantly - both in terms of freezing non-core CPU, and Turbo mode of operation when the thermal and power conditions are met.

New Core i3 and i5 6xx can accelerate the TURBO mode one core of five degrees and the two cores by two degrees multiplier, and the fastest frequency cores obtained by the technique can be TURBO 3.60GHz. A prerequisite for this to speed up one of the cores is another core switch to sleep. For all co-operated well in Turbo Boost mode is to be included in energy-saving modes, such as C1E, EIST, CPU C state.

The most important of all these features is the last CPU C state, which is not used in the core switch mode Sleep, thereby limiting its appetite for energy, which in turn will be used by the other using the core, which can dramatically increase the clock. Turbo Boost mode is available only in the i5 Core 6xx models. I3 version Pentium 5xx and model G6950 is devoid of this mode. Intel has made available on its website a simple application to control the operation of Turbo mode this is a simple widget bar Sidebar in Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Once the Turbo mode is enabled, it is important to ensure that the TDP (Thermal Design Power) and TDC (Thermal Design Current - voltage) are set to values too high to be achievable, given that this protection can not be deleted. Therefore, it is possible to exceed the 130 W initially planned. The system will remind us to deal with values of TDP and TDC as a multiplier level is reached (eg 28) and a benchmark seek all cores at 100%. In this case the protection will automatically place and use the EIST to reduce the multiplier to a value of 2 to protect the processor.