Thread: Intel Core i5 750 Processor Problem

Intel Core i5 750 Processor Problem

I just got an Intel core 2 duo processor with 3 GHz cores, and i believe the model number is i5 750. Everything was fine until about 4 days ago, all of a sudden it started taking forever to upload files. Now the problem my computer get freeze up during startup. Can any one tell me that why does i'm having Intel Core i5 750 Processor problem? I have another processor, but don't know if it would be compatible with my motherboard, or would I just be better off changing the processor and the motherboard? What i need to do in order to resolve the above issue? Kindly help me to get rid of the above problem. Thanks.

Re: Intel Core i5 750 Processor Problem

The way motherboards are set up would not allow it :\ AMD uses certain pin configurations and Intel uses different ones. It looks like it should be compatible based on the following links. It's hard to tell sometimes on, like, a Dell or Gateway motherboard, but this one is fairly straightforward. In order to upgrade to an Intel processor of any kind you'd have to also upgrade your motherboard.

You need to update your motherboard BIOS. Yes you will have a problem, an AMD slotted motherboard will not accept and intel chip. You will need to consider an AMD upgrade or get a new motherboard. If you have never updated your BIOS then it still has some bugs that where fixed in later revisions.

By upgrading your CPU you most likely tripped one of the bugs and this is occurring. Depends what type of intel processor. The new quad cores far out perform the amd 64 bit processors. Just update your BIOS and you should be fine. Although if you want to upgrade to anything significantly faster than an Athlon, you will very likely need to upgrade the board anyway.