Thread: Usb Port And Card Error :(

Usb Port And Card Error :(

HI..please help me out./...

firstly i have 2 slots of usb in my pc... both stopped working suddenly as i got this error '' POWER SURGE ON HUB PORT '' (
    THEN MY ENGINEER SUGGESTED ME TO BUY USB CARD.. I BOUGHT THAT... WHENEVER I ATTACHED ANY USB DEVICE/PENDRIVE.. IT SAID USB MALFUNCTIONED AND ERROR....BUT WHEN I ATTACH MY CELL IT WORKS ( CHINA MOBILE ) AND I ALWAYS GOT THIS OPTION ON MY CELL AFTER CONNECTING ( MASS STORAGE , USB PORT )...

BUT TODAY I HAD AN HP PHONE.. I CONNECTED IT WITH USB... IT WAS CHARGING...THEN LATER WHEN I CONNECTED MY CHINA PHONE VIA USB.. IT WAS NOT WORKING.. IT WAS CHARGING..BUT MASS STORAGE OPTION AND DISK DRIVE WERE NOT GETTING APPEARED..... I THOUGH THERE MAY BE SOME ERROR IN MY PC.. SO I FORMATTED.. BUT STILL SAME PROBLEM... NOW I AM NONE OF MY USB PORTS ARE WORKING ( PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME OUT...REQUEST...

Re: Usb Port And Card Error :(

I think your USB port does not provide enough power to run the drive. Its because the USB ports have a limited amount of current available. Try to disconnect other USB devices from other ports and retry. You can also use a dual USB cable to plug into two USB ports on the computer or purchase a powered USB hub to plug the drive into.