Thread: Corsair DDR2 RAM disables Wifi

Corsair DDR2 RAM disables Wifi

I am using Corsiar DDR2 1GB RAM. I am going to install Windows 7 on my desktop. So I bought a new Corsiar DDR2 1GB RAM for Windows 7. The problem is that when I plug my new RAM along with the old 1GB RAM, my Wi-Fi is disabled. When I plug it out and use only the old RAM it works fine. Why is this happening? I am using a Intel Core 2 Duo processor and Gigabyte motherboard.

Re: Corsair DDR2 RAM disables Wifi

First of all you need to make sure that the two RAM are identical in their configuration apart from their memory size. Even if they are of the same manufacturer make, you need to check their operating speed and few more other factors. Might be for you the RAM are both of Corsair and DDR2 but their speed might not be the same.

What you can do is instead of using both the Corsair RAMs together use one at a time to check whether they are properly operational. Try using only your new Corsair RAM alone and check whether you are able to use your Wifi. If not than it is very clear that the new RAM has some faults which is not allowing you to use your Wifi.

There might also be an issue with your Wi-fi. Go to the Device Manager to verify the same. Place your cursor on the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop. Right click on it. Select 'Properties'. Now a small window will appear. In that go to the 'Hardware' Tab. Here you will see the Device Manager. Click on it to list all the devices. Check whether the Wifi is listed with a yellow symbol of exclamation mark. If so you need to update the software for it.