Thread: Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error

Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error

I am having MSI motherboard in my home. Currently I am getting some problem in my computer. When I start my computer it get's booted, then made beeping noises and gives a message as "Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error" and then hangs down. Please reply me as soon as possible, unless I have to change my board simply.

Re: Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error

I have read your problem. I don't know whether you know any hardware troubleshooting techniques or not, but if possible open your computer and remove your CMOS battery and reload it. It may possible that your bios setting has been changed and it may giving you error. Or directly take new CMOS battery and plug into your computer motherboard. If this work you don't need to change your board and it may solve your problem.

Re: Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error-VBIOS catastrophe!

The problem you are facing is not common error message as your specified "Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error". It is also called as VBIOS catastrophe. You need to install your Operating system return. It is not seems to be the problem of your motherboard or bios, It simply problem of the Operating System. So, simply change your operating system to XP or which you are using and just check it is working well or not. Then you will come to know what the exact problem. First check your CMOS battery is working well or not. Just plug out and plug in.

Re: Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error

Hi, You told that you are getting Flash_MMIO_MAP Device IO Control error. I want to know whether you have any idea at all how could your computer stops booting? I mean to say that have you added any hardware or software before your problem gets started ? Just look whether there is any chance of too much dust in the CPU cooler and fan? And if you have Live Update on then stop that, because it can also cause problem. You need to do first thing that is to clear CMOS, unplug the CMOS battery and start your computer. Then plug in CMOS battery and start computer. It may also possible that it is problem of your OS.